|Pumpkin Pie Tarts made with the Babycakes Pie Maker|
Things I've learned:
- Pillsbury Pie crusts make 6 bottom crusts for this baker per round- but you need to re roll to get crust 6.
- I found a great tip on the web for these things- place a 1/2 inch wide strip of PARCHMENT PAPER under your pie crust before baking, with ends that stick up about an inch to each side. Pies lift out of baker like a DREAM.
- DO NOT vent or sugar your top crust. BIG MESS, blackened sugar and filling.
- Let cool longer than the recommended time- I've been letting mine sit 20 minutes between batches.
- The Pies are slightly larger than you would expect- the Pumpkin Pie Tart recipe says it makes 24- I got 15 out of it.
SO- it works perfectly with both single and double crust pies. We'll see this afternoon how a crumb topping goes.